Want your dog to look smart, neat, cool and clean?
Dog Grooming Singapore
Getting a good dog groomer to groom your dog to what you want is not easy. Many do not listen, do not understand and your dog does not look good after grooming. Dog owners usually have some specific requirements on how to style the dog.
For the many miniature schnauzer owners in Singapore, most would have an image in their mind on how they want their schnauzer to look. They have some choices such as:
1. Adhering to the standard look based on the breed of the dog, in this case a schnauzer look that is very distinctive. There is a hallmark of the breed to include arched eyebrows; bristly mustache, beard and high-set ears should be erected. Hair on the body, neck and chest should be from ¾ to an inch long, hair on the legs should be longer than hair on the body, etc.
2. A typical terrier dog look. This could include looks similar to Westie, Scottish Terrier or just to look cute with a ball of fur around the mouth with long hair on the body.
3. Keeping short hair all round the dog, without the distinctive schnauzer beard and perhaps, keeping the hair short to take care of the infestation of fleas.
4. Having a creative look such as having a Mohawk along the back of the dog or have portions of the dog dye in neon colours.
There are many choices that a dog owner could opt for his/her pets.
We strongly recommend you to have a groomer who is well verse in the job and they should:
1. Have an understanding on what a dog was bred to do
Some owners would prefer to trim the dog according to what the dog is bred to do so to respect and honor the breed.
2. Able to systematic bathing the dogs
It starts with cleaning the ears, followed by face wash and possibly clay mask on dogs with skin issues. The groomer is to choose the most appropriate shampoo and conditioner products according to the dog’s coat type. The last part is to blow-dry and fluff the fur.
3. Learn quickly on the job
They learn the most when they are on the job and able to adhere from what the dog owners want.
4. Acquire good equipment
There are many grades of shears, scissors and clippers. Clipper blades in particularly have to be changed about once a year. Scissors have to be maintained sharp and easy on the hands of the groomer.